Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill one (1) Part-time Research Fellow position (Postgraduate Associate / Assistant Researcher A or Postdoctoral Researcher) in the field of Teachers’ Digital Literacy with the Department of Communication and Internet Studies, at the Cyprus University of Technology.
The successful applicant(s) will help implement a research programme on teachers’ digital literacy with the Media, Cognition and Learning Research Group. In addition, they will perform project management work, and other administrative duties, related to the projects they are assigned to.
The applicants should have:
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Educational Technology, Psychology or the Learning Sciences.
- Strong background in research methods.
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis software.
- Very good language and communication / implementation skills.
- Demonstrated good knowledge of the Greek and English languages (spoken and written)
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Prior experience in research in a related field.
- Prior participation in funded national or European research programmes.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals or conferences (as main authors or co-authors of journal articles published in peer-reviewed journals)
Applicants with a Ph.D. degree are also encouraged to apply. Knowledge of the Greek language is desirable but not required. Residency in Cyprus is required.
Τhe appointment will be for a period of six (6) months with the prospect of renewal. The monthly gross salary for the position will be between €1200 and €1566,57 according to qualifications. It is noted that there is provision for 13th salary (the cost of the 13th salary has been proportionally incorporated in the monthly remuneration as analyzed above).
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A cover letter with which they express their interest for the job opening and state the date they can take over responsibilities
- A summary of their research experience (up to two (2) pages) in English
- A complete curriculum vitae (in English and in Greek)
- Transcripts for their BSc, MSc, or/and PhD degrees and any other proof of qualifications
- The names and contact information of two people who are willing to provide references
- Complete contact information
Applications must be sent via email at: HRrecruits@cut.ac.cy with the subject: “Application for Research Associate Position with the Digital Literacy project” no later than Wednesday, November 16, 2022, which is the deadline for the submission of the applications.
For further information, please visit the University’s webpage at https://www.cut.ac.cy or contact Dr. Eleni Kyza at Eleni.Kyza [at] cut.ac.cy
It is noted that:
- The University adopts an equal opportunity policy at recruitment and the subsequent career stages and encourages both genders to submit an application for all levels of Academic and Administrative Staff.
- The University does not discriminate in any way on the basis of gender, religion or belief, ethnic, national or social origin, age, physical ability, marital status and sexual orientation.